Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Feeling good in the neighborhood.

I've been feeling pretty good since about 8 weeks. I still have "dog nose" and can smell everything. I've gained 3 pounds and still have some food aversions. I haven't felt nauseous at all for 3 weeks and have been drinking water by the gallon. So many amazing and strange things happen to ones body when pregnant. Even at 11 weeks, I am amazed at the changes I am already experiencing. Our next appointment is September 29th at the birth center. We'll be able to hear the heart beat on the doppler, then October 1st we are meeting with a genetic counselor to see if Aaron and/or I are carriers of anything. It's a precautionary measure because Aaron is an Ashkenazi Jew and could be a carrier of TaySachs and other horrible things. I'm sure everything will be clean and little beluga is safe from all genetic abnormalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment