Wednesday, January 27, 2010

30 years and 3rd trimester woes.


Monday is my birthday. The big one. Three-oh. It's not really that big of a deal to me. I hated the beginning of my 20's. I felt so lost. I was confused by hypocrisy in my church, hurt by the lack of support from my family and just didn't know what to do. I met Aaron when I was 23 and things started to turn around. I left the church and I was looking for anything to grasp onto besides religion. I lucked out and fell into the arms of someone who was open minded and didn't judge me. He became my best friend, my room mate, my husband and the father of our unborn child. I don't know how it's possible to have enough love for more than one person, but I'm sure my heart will figure it out.
These pregnancy hormones are getting the best of me. I've been very reflective lately. Measuring what I need to hold onto and what I can let go of, emotionally. I've started nesting literally and figuratively. I've scrubbed the kitchen floor on hands and knees, then sat in the glider, held my belly and wept over my lost childhood and lack of a mother. I don't feel like I want a mother now, but I always wonder what it would have been like to be best friends with her. I don't want Luke to ever wonder if I love him.
Now on to the moans & groans and aches & pains that affect ones body during pregnancy. Sleeping is not fun. I always wake up achy. I had to buy breathe right nose strips because I'm snoring so loud it's waking Aaron up. I take the pups for 2 walks every day. The morning walk is taking longer and the afternoon park walk is getting harder. It's uneven terrain so the baby is jostled a bit and it hurts. I start out ok, but get a lot slower towards the end. The pups stay right by me, so I don't ever have to chase after anyone. I might be done with the park walks soon. Prenatal yoga is going well and we will finish up our birth classes on Monday. One thing our class midwife told us was to "deal with your shit". She said to let go of things and move on before labor starts, because they can stall your labor. It all makes sense to me. Here's the latest belly shot. It was taken yesterday. I'm 28 1/2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment